Razzino & Associates LLC
We are conducting Peers meetings currently on a rolling admission basis. Since COVID-19 restrictions have come into play we are doing online telehealth meetings in pairs. Working in pairs allows participants to practice the curriculum in real time and over the intervening weeks, while keeping the virtual meeting engaging and individualized. Parents will also be involved in a separate component that runs about 20-minutes to cover the material worked on and ways they can support their teen as coaches. If you are interested in enrolling your teen, please let me know and we can arrange a brief phone call to discuss and see if they are a fit for the program!
PEERS® Social Skills Groups
(Group fees are typically eligible for insurance reimbursement under procedure code: 90853)
Your teenager can learn social skills from UCLA’s research-validated PEERS® training!
Parents also attend a group session at the same time as their child to help reinforce skills at home!!
Specially Designed for Kids Who:
- Want to make friends more easily
- Want to interact with the real world and not just electronics
- Are intelligent, creative, but seem to miss connecting with peers
- May be easily led to negative behaviors to get attention or feel accepted
- Are well meaning, but sometimes awkward
Topics of Instruction Include:
- How to use appropriate conversational skills
- How to find common interests by trading information
- How to appropriately use humor
- How to enter and exit conversations between peers
- How to handle rejection, teasing, and bullying
- How to handle rumors and gossip
- How to be a good host during get-togethers
- How to make phone calls to friends
- How to choose appropriate friends
- How to be a good sport
- How to handle arguments and disagreements
- How to change a bad reputation.
Click here for PEERS® in the news and examples of the program in action!
Want to read more about the PEERS® program click here
- Have friendship problems
- Teens in middle school or high school
- Teens must be interested in the attending program
- Teens must agree to participate in the program voluntarily
- Call our office at 703-533-7779 to complete a 15-minute phone screen with a member of our staff.
- Complete and return your enrollment packet
- Come in (parent and child) for a 1-hour intake appointment with one of our clinicians to determine if our program is appropriate for you and your child.
- Duration: 14 weeks
- Planned Frequency: Weeknight Session 4:30-6:00pm, 6:30-8:00pm
For more information, contact Dr. Razzino** at
If you wish to inquire to your insurance regarding out-of-network benefits, the following codes (CPT) for therapy and consultation services may be helpful:
Teen Group CPT Code: 90853
Parent Group CPT Code: 90849