Razzino & Associates LLC
PEERS® Social Skills Groups
(Group fees are typically eligible for insurance reimbursement under procedure code: 90853)
Your teenager can learn social skills from UCLA’s research-validated PEERS® training!
Parents also attend a group session at the same time as their child to help reinforce skills at home!!
Specially Designed for Kids Who:
- Want to make friends more easily
- Want to interact with the real world and not just electronics
- Are intelligent, creative, but seem to miss connecting with peers
- May be easily led to negative behaviors to get attention or feel accepted
- Are well meaning, but sometimes awkward
Topics of Instruction Include:
- How to use appropriate conversational skills
- How to find common interests by trading information
- How to appropriately use humor
- How to enter and exit conversations between peers
- How to handle rejection, teasing, and bullying
- How to handle rumors and gossip
- How to be a good host during get-togethers
- How to make phone calls to friends
- How to choose appropriate friends
- How to be a good sport
- How to handle arguments and disagreements
- How to change a bad reputation.
Click here for PEERS® in the news and examples of the program in action!
Want to read more about the PEERS® program click here
- Have friendship problems
- Teens in middle school or high school
- Teens must be interested in the attending program
- Teens must agree to participate in the program voluntarily
- Call our office at 703-533-7779 to complete a 15-minute phone screen with a member of our staff.
- Complete and return your enrollment packet
- Come in (parent and child) for a 1-hour intake appointment with one of our clinicians to determine if our program is appropriate for you and your child.
- Duration: 14 weeks
- Planned Frequency: Weeknight Session 4:30-6:00pm, 6:30-8:00pm
For more information, contact Dr. Razzino** at
If you wish to inquire to your insurance regarding out-of-network benefits, the following codes (CPT) for therapy and consultation services may be helpful:
Teen Group CPT Code: 90853
Parent Group CPT Code: 90849