Razzino & Associates LLC
Initial Phone Consultation
Our intake process begins with an initial, brief (10-15 minute) phone consultation with one of our therapists, at no charge, to hear your concerns and determine which of our professionals are best suited to meet your needs. This phase may include follow up calls, at no charge, to ensure the best fit between our services and the needs of your family.
3 Step Assessment Process
The intake and assessment process is geared toward understanding the strengths and developmental needs of the child and family. We tailor the process to the needs and circumstances of the family and child, typically starting with a parent/caregiver meeting. This meeting allows for a safe, comfortable setting where parents may freely discuss their concerns and share information. During this session, parents are often given preliminary thoughts and feedback on the next important steps. Sessions (typically 2-3) with the child usually follow, wherein the child may draw, play, talk, and interact with the therapist. These allow time to get to know your child and for your child to establish a sense of comfort with the therapist. Finally, we reconvene in a final meeting with caregivers to share what assessments or additional information are necessary to provide the clearest guide for helping the child and family. Having a clear plan in partnership with parents and the family is critical for a successful therapeutic experience. As necessary, the assessment process may include one or more of the following:
- Additional parent and/or child meetings
- Classroom and school observations
- Meeting with the whole family
- Phone consultations with other care-giving professionals
- Psychological, developmental, or speech and language testing
- Use of questionnaires and measurement tools
How parents can prepare for the initial appointment
1. Please download the Developmental History Questionnaire. Print it out and fill it out as thoroughly as possible.
2. Obtaining information from previous providers and communication with teachers and/or therapists is an important part of your child's evaluation. We may request contacting these workers, therefore. At the time of our meeting we will provide a Consent Form for each provider that needs to be contacted.
3. Your child's teacher/counselor spends a significant amount of time with him/her and can provide valuable information on his/her performance and difficulties. We may also ask you to have the “Teacher’s Packet” completed by relevant school staff.
4. Review the practice and privacy policies – see Child Therapy Agreement, Adolescent Consent Form, and Child Notice Form. If you are not aware of the fee schedule, please call the office and we will be happy to answer any questions. We do not take any insurance; accepted forms of payment include cash, check and credit cards.
5. Fax or mail the forms at least 3 business days prior to your appointment. You may also simply bring them in on the day of your appointment if you are concerned about mailing them (fax number and mailing address are printed on the forms).
6. If you are having difficulties with the forms please contact the office at 703-533-7779 and we will mail you all the forms needed.
For Adults Seeking Services
Please download the Adult Intake Form. Print it out and fill it out as thoroughly as possible.
- Please review the practice and privacy policies (see Therapy Agreement and Notice Form). Print it out and fill it out as thoroughly as possible.
- If you are not aware of the fee schedule please call the office and we will be happy to answer any questions. We do not take any insurance; accepted forms of payment include cash check and credit cards.
- Fax or mail the forms at least 3 business days prior to your appointment. You may also simply bring them in on the day of your appointment if you are concerned about mailing them (fax number and mailing address are printed on the forms).
- If you are having difficulties with the forms please contact the office at 703-533-7779 and we will mail you all the forms needed.
If you wish to inquire to your insurance regarding out-of-network benefits, the following codes (CPT) for therapy and consultation services may be helpful:
a) 90791- Intake assessment and history
b) 90834 - individual psychotherapy (45 minutes)
c) 90834 - individual psychotherapy (60 minutes)
d) 90846 - parent consultation
e) 90847 - family therapy
a) 90791- diagnostic interview and history
b) 96101 - diagnostic testing
c) 90847 or 90846 - feedback session
If you are interested in one of our services, please reach out to our team today to make an appointment.